Two Apple experts show you how to enter DFU Mode on the iPhone X and perform a restore. These steps also work for the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus!
To enter DFU Mode on iPhone X:
1. Press and release the volume up button.
2. Press and release the volume down button.
3. Press and hold the side button until the screen goes black.
4. When the screen goes black, continue holding the side button and begin holding down the volume down button. Hold both buttons for about 5 seconds.
5. After 5 seconds, release the side button, but keep holding the volume down button until your iPhone X appears in iTunes.
Congratulations, you’ve entered DFU Mode on iPhone X!
If you have an iPhone 7 or older, watch our video about how to put older iPhones into DFU mode:
Check out our article about iPhone DFU mode here: